The St. Ignatius School Parent Advisory Council (SISPAC) exists to fulfill the following aims:
- To work within the school and Parish community to foster strong and positive relationships and good communication between the school staff, the students, the parent community, and the parish community.
- To assist in the school’s ability to deliver quality educational and life experiences through fundraising and community-building.
- To host and assist with events and extra-curricular activities.
- To fulfill the role of the school’s Parent Advisory Council (PAC) as legislated by the Government of Manitoba, and as governed by the Manitoba Department of Education.
As the PAC of St. Ingatius School, SISPAC must:
- Provide a formal vehicle for parents to communicate with the Principal and/or the Board of Directors on matters of general interest to the parent body, as well as to advise and inform the parent body regarding activities of the Board of Directors and/or school staff that are of general concern to the parent community.
The elected Executive Committee is at the core of SISPAC, while all other parents are invited members.
- Every parent of a child attending St. Ignatius School is a member of SISPAC.
- All parents are encouraged to attend and become involved in SISPAC activities and meetings.
- The SISPAC Executive Committee is nominated and elected from the general membership to serve the school community. The Elected Executive Committee meets the governmental requirements for elected members on a PAC.
- Acts as a forum for parents’ ideas and concerns.
- Builds school spirit and community.
- Supports the activities of the school through fun fundraising events.
- Organizes special lunches and bake sales.
- Hosts receptions for school and liturgical celebrations.
- Hosts an annual family BBQ.
- Provides classroom representatives to interface with classroom teachers, ensuring the communication of needs and endeavours being undertaken in each classroom.
- Strives to be aware of joyful and stressful situations occurring for school families, and recognizes those events with cards, support and prayers.
- Reviews the school code of conduct and emergency procedures with the principal and a representative of the Board of Directors at one SISPAC meeting per year.
- Reviews the School Plan annually with the Principal, at a monthly meeting.
Chair: Mrs. Jenna Jones
Past Chair: Mr. Malcolm Bird
Board Representative: Mrs. Melanie Simes
Hot Dog Co-ordinator: Breanna Spina
Volunteer Co-ordinator: Open
Treasurer: Mrs. Sherri Sudfeld
Wellness Coordinator: Mrs. Carolyn Meadows
Faith in Action Coordinators: Mrs. Carmela Castellano Sinclair & Mr. Johnathon Sinclair
Bake Sale Coordinator: Open
Plant Sale Coordinator: Mr. Brijesh Prabhu
Special Lunch Co-ordinator: Open
Jennifer Brennan, Member
Susie Myska, Member
Virginia Nagy, Member